Celebrate

 



Four years ago I watched a new President speak of "American Carnage" and wondered what that was all about. What depths had this man reached into to come up with this bleak message? It didn't take long to learn. While I never adopted the phrase "not my President" I cringed as he upended environmental regulations, enriched himself, attacked opponents and members of the press. His cruelty was horrifying. I wondered if he would actually leave. I worried that he would declare a state of emergency and stay. I think he contemplated it. He has become a cult figure and that's not what we should ever have in a President. 

He's gone. Joe Biden will never be a cult figure. Someone I know described his speech as bland and like white bread. Maybe, but after four years of someone who spewed venom and darkness, I'm ready for some quiet and good governance. 

A note on my mugs: they came from a local artist.

Comments

Popular Posts