Nearly Three Years....

 



It's been nearly 3 years since Mom died.  She would be 100.  She said that a doctor told her she would live to be 100. Well, she came close. Toward the end she wasn't happy though.  She had withdrawn from doing things at the 'Manor.' She ate Sunday breakfast by herself.  Sometimes I would join her.  She ate dinner with some women. One of them stopped eating with her.  I asked her why she wouldn't say, but I think she objected to eating with the nephew of one of the women.  I can't say I blame her.  He was intellectually disabled and chewed with his mouth wide open.  I often wonder what happen after the people like that lost their parents, aunts, etc.  I remember one girl shouting and fussing in the dining hall.  I'm sure that bothered people. If it's your child especially you want them with you.  I would imagine the mother is long dead and the daughter is in some kind of an institution or group home. 

It's 2024. It seems surreal in a way.  I'll be 77 which Ray happily reminded me when I complained about not being able to do some of the things I used to do.  The dizziness continues. Thursday I see that hot shot doctor who bragged about being a "Fellow" as if I'm supposed to be impressed.  He's going to administer a cortisone shot.  It should stop the pain but will it stop the dizziness.  The accapuncture seemed to help a but even without cortisone, but I stopped it when Dr T tried two different drugs.  It was a pain in the behind to go there twice a week when the woman didn't work mornings. 

Oh well, happy new year to me.  I'm approaching 80 and I HATE IT.  

Comments

Popular Posts